I can only be me. -Caren Calder

I simply love it when I hear from you, my readers. Sometimes what you say is so poignant it needs to be shared.

Caren Calder, dancer, yogi, drummer, wrote the personal reflection below and shared it with me. When I queried her she said it was written about 4-5 years ago. It is beautiful. I feel like I could have written it about myself.

I CAN ONLY BE ME:

I feel the need sometimes to explain myself- to clarify what I will and will not deal with in life.
And I think I'm fairly easy.
Not in the pushover sense, 
though I'm sure I've played that role already.
But in the fact that I require so much less than a high maintenance woman. 
Or rather- I deserve more than material things.
Like Harmony, Affection, Honesty, Acceptance, Passion, The Freedom to grow and Love.

Ah, there it is Love. How do I define that one?
I've had love that strangled and one that isolated. One that would have been perfect if only I'd been someone else, or had different relationships with my daughter and loved ones. One full of jealousy.
No, not That kind of love!

How about Non-judgmental? Protective without paternalism. Full of Friendship first, with Trust that makes it clear that we have each others best interests at heart.
Is there such a thing?
Maybe, I'm an active optimist!
I too am an active optimist. Thank you Caren.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. — Oscar Wilde

Be yourself and be honest with yourself about who you are as well as what your needs are... it brings you closer to your joy.


INjoy,
dionne

Comments

Popular Posts