How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.

Have you ever read that poem it its entirety? I feel like most people are intimately familiar with that first line though.

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.

Do you know who that poem was written by? It is a beautiful poem, written by a brilliant and interesting woman in the 1800s. How Do I Love Thee? (Sonnet 43), by Elizabeth Barrett Browning. I wonder what or who she was thinking about when she wrote that passionate poem of love. 

Do you remember love letters you wrote? Do you still have any that you received? Do you remember passing notes in class and having crushes? Do you remember holding a flower and plucking the petals off one by one? With flower in hand, you thought hard on that special someone and then recited…

“He loves me.” Pluck petal and drop. “He loves me not.” Pluck petal and drop. “He loves me.” Pluck petal and drop. “He loves me not.” Pluck petal and drop.

You did this until there were no petals left and your destiny had been decided. Do you remember the joy or devastation you felt by what the flower informed you? You had to immediately tell your best friend! What memories?!

Well love can either connect you to your joy or disconnect you from your joy. Love can bring you great joy as well as great pain. But you know what? Your greatest love has probably never received a love letter from YOU. Here is my challenge to you.

WRITE YOURSELF A LOVE LETTER.

You deserve nothing less than your own unconditional love. Connect to yourself. Give thanks for all you are. Your know what? I will even start if off for you…

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.

You can make it a list if you like. But do it. WRITE YOURSELF A LOVE LETTER. Profess your love to yourself. You deserve it. It is another great gift to YOU from YOU. A loving relationship with yourself is also a great gift to your partner, friends and loved ones. They will see, feel and respond to your love for yourself. 

Let your love for yourself flow freely. WRITE YOURSELF A LOVE LETTER. Let me know how that goes for you. I will share mine if you share yours.

INjoy,
dionne

Comments

  1. I love this! I'm doing it. As soon as I wake up... lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! You up yet? I am looking forward to seeing this love letter. INjoy, dionne

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts