“Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.” –Plato

My youngest son was assaulted and robbed recently. Although we are not yet finished with the legal process, I am compelled to share how I was impacted by our visit to the police precinct.

We were at the police precinct for a couple of hours. He told his story several times. We were there to look at "mug" shots. As he looked at all too many pictures in the precinct, my heart ached not only for my son but for the nameless faces on the wall. Those young men were only defined by their negative actions. I looked at each face and felt my son's fear. I looked at each face and felt their pain. I looked at these nameless faces and I felt their stories. I felt their ignorance. I felt that if they knew better they would have done better. Hurt people, hurt people. 

My son is fine. We will replace his telephone. His physical ache will heal. I will love him unconditionally and support his growth. Who will heal those hurt children that are preying on other children? Hurt people, hurt people.

“Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.” –Plato

How can you help someone heal? 

I am in a helping profession. But we as human beings can help other people in their healing process. What can you do? How will you do it? When will you do it? 

Community service.
The world is our community. Service is not optional. 
If we all do a little, no one has to do a lot.

What can you do? How will you do it? When will you do it? It does not require a lot of time. These are a few organizations, I just found the first one on the internet and I have personally volunteered with the latter two organizations.


'Tis the season to forgive, to help, to laugh, to heal, to live in harmony. “Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.” –Plato

Let joy be your weapon.

INjoy,
dionne

Comments

Popular Posts