Bees make honey. Keep your busy sweet.

A facebook friend recently posted that she was in “busy bee mode.” My immediate response was, “Bees make honey. Keep your busy sweet.”

As we go through life with our robust to-do lists, it is equally important to BE. There is a sweetness in life when you stop. There is sweetness around you and following you, sometimes it cannot catch up to you or you simply are not aware of it.

Here are some tips on how to keep your busy sweet.

1.       Add pause or stop to your to-do list.
Yes I meant that literally. Write it down on your list and let it be a reminder that you cannot go go go and do do do all of the time. We need to stop and be present each day. Stop and just BE for a moment. It is an easy one to check off of your list too.

2.       Look up and around.
Don’t live your life staring down at your list, at your phone, at your book. Of course you can tweet and update your status on facebook. But also look up and around. Make eye contact. Notice the people around you, the clouds, the sun, the stars, the trees, the world and community you live in.

3.       Take deeeeeeep breaths.
Need I say more? Taking deep breaths does great things for your mind and body. Among other things, it reduces stress and your heart rate.

4.       Smile, it is contagious.
You just look so much better when you smile. I commute each day by car or subway. I look at my fellow commuters and smile. It is a wonderful thing to watch the beauty of someone’s face as it evolves from a grimace to a smile.

5.       Connect.
At the end of the day, bees are social creatures. Every definition or site on bees that I viewed mentioned the word social. Connect to yourself. Connect to your purpose. Connect to your source. Connect with people, friends, family, and the random person on the street. Make eye contact and acknowledge them. Call or write someone you have not seen or spoken to in a while.
                           
I kept this short and sweet. I know you have a lot to do. Thank you for connecting with me.

Bees make honey. Keep your busy sweet.

INjoy,
dionne

Comments

  1. Wonderful post. I love it, especially your last point about connecting. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the kind words. I can tell connection is important to you. I appreciate how often you connect with me on this blog. INjoy, dionne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this Dionne. I must admit that I don't take enough time to connect. I have learned to carve out time early in the morning to pray and meditate but I have truly been neglecting quite a few people and need to return a lot of phone calls. This definitely serves as a very nice reminder to take some time out to enjoy the little things in life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No problem Nailah, this is a reminder for me for me too. I do make time to connect but it often does not feel like enough for me. Let's try this, since we cannot connect as much as we like, let's make every connection really count. QUALITY not quantity. Connect deeply and authentically.

    INjoy,
    dionne

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts