Boundaries. Who is running your life anyway?

So the holy-days are here. You are excited and tense all at once, so much to do and be for so many people. Your to-do list and your stress is mounting. Thoughts of self are gone.

STOP
STOP
STOP

Who is running your life anyhow? There has to be a balance between self-care and selfless giving. Giving of self in moderation is healthy. If you give to the point of fatigue and sadness, that is an issue.

They are mental, emotional or physical constructs that define or limit the area in which one is willing to be present. Boundaries are like drawing a line in the sand and saying, "Beyond here I will not go and you cannot come." 

The key, is to be very clear and very committed to what you are willing to do if the line is crossed.

Boundaries allow me to take care of myself. I can say NO and still give love and support.


This is my public service announcement. Your needs are just as important as the person you are supporting.

Go look in the mirror and say this out loud several times. Maybe until you believe it.

Boundaries allow me to take care of myself. I can say NO and still give love and support.

Got it? You done? How do you feel? Good? Great!

If you feel guilty go back and try again. Either way, go be thankful for the next 365 days.

Gratitude connects you to your joy.

Thank a lot of people and really mean it. You can start with the bus driver, waitress, train conductor, et cetera.

INjoy,
dionne

Comments

Popular Posts