The Siwe Project: You are Not Alone

The launch for The Siwe Project is in Washington, DC on Wednesday, December 14, 2011. There will be a launch event and an after party. I will attend both and work proudly with this new non-profit organization. May it be a household name and a message people willingly share. 


"Mental illness is what I have, not who I am." -Bassey Ikpi


I get it Bassey, I get it. I often remind myself that "I am not my circumstance." (I can still remember that line from a one-woman show that Phyliss Yvonne Stickney did years ago.) I have lived through some painful experiences, but I am not my circumstance.


"Mental illness is what I have, not who I am." -Bassey Ikpi


Again I am deeply humbled by the loving creations my daughter, Siwe Monsanto, has inspired. Thank you Bassey Ikpi. May all you do come back to you tenfold.


INjoy,
dionne

Comments

Popular Posts