May ALL Your Days Be Holy and Happy

2011 has been an incredible year of growth through pain and suffering. I have been all too close to death several times. I am filled with gratitude for the breath of life, I know how precious it is.

I choose life. I choose love. I choose faith. I choose family. I choose me. 



Lots of emotions are stirred up in this season of holy days. Self-flagellation, beauty, regret, sorrow, reflection and joy are all bountiful. I allow all of my days to be holy and ease into the holy day season with that mindset.

A colleague shared this poem with me and it fits. Try it on.

I’m like one of those Japanese bowls
That were made long ago
I have some cracks in me
They have been filled with gold

That’s what they used back then
When they had a bowl to mend
It did not hide the cracks
It made them shine instead

So now every old scar shows
from every time I broke
And anyone’s eyes can see
I’m not what I used to be

But in a collector’s mind
All of these jagged lines
Make me more beautiful
And worth a higher price

I’m like one of those Japanese bowls
I was made long ago
I have some cracks you can see
See how they shine of gold.



Did it fit? I am sure it did. Be gentle with yourself. May all your days be holy and happy.

INjoy,
dionne

Comments

Popular Posts