"I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear." -Martin Luther King Jr.

"I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Who do you love? I hope this is a long list. I hope that when you thought of those people you smiled from the inside and radiated joy on the outside.

Who do you hate? I hope this is a short list. I hope you have not give them control over your life by renewing your hatred when you think of them.

I can honestly say I do not hate anyone. There are a few people I dislike. There are even more that I have pushed out of my cipher, but NONE that I hate. Honestly I am not mad at them either.
Some might say I feel this way because I have never been deeply "wronged," or pushed to my edge by someone or something. However, I have. I will spare you the details but let it suffice to say, some would say I have "good" reasons to hate a few people. I still choose not to. 

Anger and hatred take too much energy from me and the people I love so fiercely that I would give my life for them. Anger blinds your vision. It literally impairs your ability to see what is in front of you. Hate chips away at your heart and dampers your capacity to love. I love myself, family, friends far too much to let anything or anyone damper that. Now do not get me wrong, I am not holding hands and skipping down the street singing "Kumbaya" with some of these individuals. BUT I do not hate them nor am I mad at them. I am not made at the liars, cheats, hypocrites, thieves and pedophiles. Despite being call such, I am not “Gandhi Dalai Lama.” I just find it to be more empowering for me to decide how I feel about them, how I treat them and how I interact with them. I send them love and light from afar.

I do my best to keep my circle clean. You clean your house regularly. You clean your body regularly. So my solution is to clean my cipher. If you are living in a manner that is not in alignment with me and mine you are let loose. I have clear boundaries. Those people are perfect and divine. They are moving through life in such a manner that they have also made the choice to live outside of my circle. But I do thank them for allowing me to walk the talk. How could I have expanded my capacity to love had I not had those experiences? They helped make me, ME!

I do not give thanks for the pain and suffering. But I do give thanks for the lessons that got me to this point. I like living my life from a good place. I love that I almost always sleep well (albeit not much). I must live my life INjoy at all costs. 

So next time you light a candle, send some good vibes to that person you said you hated. Send them some love and light and step into your joy. Hate steals your joy and dims your capacity to shine.

INjoy,
dionne

Comments

  1. I have enjoyed all your posts so far. Still, this one is extra powerful, I just have to publicly say, "Meda wo ase pii!" I'm currently reading Marianne Williamson's, "A Return to Love," and as you know, your words are in alignment with the message she puts forth. Lastly, the way you describe how and why you keep your circle clean is so profound, yet simple! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen. I had an experience this weekend that made me cry when I read this powerful quote. Sometimes we get so caught up in who's right and how wrong he/she did me that we forget the true meaning of life. LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zawadi, en yase da. I have not read that book but will add it to my reading list. Medase for your comments. Ife, no truer words have been spoken. Thank you for reposting and commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. DEFINITELY SPEAKIN THE TRUTH DEE .. ALWAYS KEEP UR CIPHER CLEAN

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank Jayo. I use my words. You use music. Both powerful mediums for our messages. Glad to have you in my cipher. INjoy, dionne

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts