Autumn Leaves

I was born in the spring. In the spring I am energized. I wake up and start anew. I see all the seeds I have planted (in this life of mine) sprout. Then in the summer, ooh the summer, I am free. No jackets, no umbrellas, warm and no checking homework! But then comes fall and I am not so happy... until the leaves start to change colors. The summertime freedom is great, but  there is truly something special about the autumn leaves. I love the rhythm of all the seasons. I feel the beat of each one and dance to it. I ride the beats.

The kids and I went pumpkin and apple picking recently. We all enjoyed ourselves but I was deeply moved by the miracles of nature. They slept, I drove. The drive to and Fishkill Farms was not bad. And even in the traffic I was in awe of the colors of nature. The clarity of the air, the richness of each color.  The stillness of the water. I know, it is just leaves, just the Hudson River, but every once in a while it is wondrous to see the world with the awe of a child. Regarding awe, Albert Einsten said it best, "He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

Seriously, if you were designing a world, would YOU have come up with such an amazing color scheme? I am just saying, could you be that awe-inspiring?

INjoy,
dionne

Comments

Popular Posts