#siwelives Dadasphere 8 - Endings and Beginnings


Dionne on stage, May 2019

There are SO many thoughts that live in my head. So many stories to tell that I simply do not tell. 

Just over 1 year ago, I participated in dadasphere 8, Endings and Beginnings. Telling my story, Siwe's story, made me dig deep. Ronald, our speech coach, called me out on my ish. He challenged me to FEEL. For those of you that do not know me I have been an on stage performer since I was 5 years old, almost 50 years. I say that to say, I can tell a story about a painful part of my life and not be present to the emotion of it. I put on a character in the way most put on clothes. It is a skill that serves me well. Ronald, saw through it, applauded me delivery and challenged me to tell it. I think I did it. 

The video below might be triggering. But it is a much abbreviated story of a chapter in my life. #siwelives My road has not been easy, but I have learned a lot and I sincerely hope you learn from my life. 



I am a good mother, a great on in fact... Let me know your thoughts. Email me, sign in and post a comment. 

INjoy,
dionne

Comments

Popular Posts