Today There Were Tears

Central Park, NYC - August 2019

Today there were tears. Not for me. Not for my family. But for what was. I mourned what was today and I cried. Messy, snot nosed tears with runny mascara.

In this time of the Rona, I was home sick. I miss my family in NYC. Nothing I can do but acknowledge my concern for humanity at a global level. I live in NYC and Kenya. I am both happy and sad to be in Kenya at this time. 

I was born and raised in NYC and the NYC that I knew is sick and dying. NYC and humanity will prevail. I hope we will be better. I pray we will hug more and connect. I believe we will appreciate the little things more. 

I often say to my yoga students:

BE HERE NOW  
3 simple words but such challenging concept to  
BE HERE NOW

In the now, I am 52. I am healthy. I am happy. I have a global support system that is divine. #ilovemyvillage I do not NEED anything. I am blessed to live in 2 countries and move with ease between NYC and Nairobi. I am loved unconditionally. I feel the love from all directions as the sun shines and when the rain falls. I am grateful for the tears. I will smile soon. 

How are you feeling/coping/being in the time of the Rona?

INjoy,
dionne

dionnecmonsanto@gmail.com


Comments

  1. You have brought both tears and joy to my NOW. My prayer for your transformation of self towards something even greater during Rona time

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts